Theatre in Wales

The latest theatre, dance and performance news

“Directors Call Out”     

“Directors Call Out” Now in its 10th anniversary year, the It’s My Shout training scheme supports new creative talent who want to break into the media industry.

Since it was established in 2003, the scheme has successfully launched the careers of many actors, directors, writers and production crew including Lawrence Olivier Award Winning Aneurin Barnard, (currently promoting his Swansea based feature film ‘Hunky Dory’ where he takes the lead alongside Minnie Driver). Aneurin says; “The It’s My Shout training scheme gives you invaluable experience and knowledge of how a film set really works and gives you the sort of experience you wouldn’t be able to get elsewhere”.

It’s My Shout produces a minimum of six short film dramas for television each year. Over the past ten years these have been broadcast on ITV Wales, S4C and BBC Cymru Wales and several have gone on to win BAFTA CYMRU nominations and awards. This year they will be broadcast on BBC Wales under the ‘Made in Wales’ banner.

For 2012 the company is seeking another batch of new talent, including six aspiring directors. Those lucky enough to be selected will work with a professional production team of industry experts, on one of six short films, to be shot on location across Wales. Each director will be guided through the pre-production, production and post-production elements of creating a broadcast short film.

All applicants must be available in the months leading up to the summer for pre-production meetings. Each film will be allocated a 3 day intensive shoot between mid-July and mid-August before Post-production takes place in-house at BBC Cymru Wales. Because of the nature of commitment required, all applicants are expected to be either a Welsh resident, or based in Wales.

Last year’s films included popular stars including James Bolam, best known for BBC’s New Tricks and The Likely Lads. James said of the scheme; “To get together six scripts and get them organised, then to get all the kids that you’ve got from schools and universities and to give them this experience with a few old professionals like me is a marvellous achievement”.

The films will be screened to an audience of almost 2000 people including celebrities and industry experts at a 10th anniversary premiere and awards this October at the Wales Millennium Centre before having their television debut on BBC Cymru Wales this Autumn.

For full guidelines and an application form, please visit www.itsmyshout.co.uk and click ‘Get Involved’. The deadline for applications is 30th March 2012.
 
web site
: www.itsmyshout.co.uk

e-mail:
Wednesday, March 14, 2012back

 

 

Older news stories have been carefully archived.
2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999

 

Privacy Policy | Contact Us | ©2013 keith morris / red snapper web designs / keith@artx.co.uk